Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Have Your Own Sonic Lipstick!

I've just learnt that the BBC have sold Character Options the rights to produce and sell a range of Sarah Jane Adventure toys.

A press release reveals: "NEWS BRIEF: BBC Worldwide has added four new UK apparel licensees to its Charlie and Lola portfolio, while awarding the master toy licence for Russell T Davies' The Sarah Jane Adventures to Character Options. The Charlie and Lola licensees are Silver-nit, Cooneen, William Lamb and Clifton Bay. New ranges will roll out in autumn/winter 2007. The toy range from Doctor Who spin-off The Sarah Jane Adventures will include action figures, play sets and 'sonic lipstick.'"

It's great news then for anybody who's ever wanted to own a Sarah Jane action figure - or her fantastic 'sonic lipstick' for that matter...

When photos of the new toys become available you can be sure SJ.tv will be the first to report upon it!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brilliant news! It's also been confirmed btw that therer will be a School Reunion version of Sarah Jane in the regular Doctor who toy range :)

Anonymous said...

About time an all!

I'm gonna be first in queue when they come out.

Anonymous said...

Hmm, I am slightly worried about the Sonic Lipstick thing. It could be interpreted as sexist that a lipstick is marketed to girls and a screwdriver to boys.

Anonymous said...

i know, thats a worry.

Anonymous said...

I know it might over analysing but to some degree I agree with some of the elements in the above link I posted. Not all of them, but the sonic lipstick would have been just as cool if it were a sonic pen, or a sonic torch or something.

Romana1 said...

I wouldn't worry about it too much.

When I first saw the sonic lipstick, I thought-'how cool is this? And why can't my lipstick be sonic?' I never once thought of it as sexist. I walked around and said, "Who looks at a lipstick and says, 'oooh, this could be more sonic?'" (and anyone who had seen the Empty Child laughed the hardest.) It's a fun, silly little gag-that is all.

Personally, I'm glad they are thinking of making one-I'm planning on adding it to my cool scifi toys collection...right next to my cool Sonic Screwdriver. ;)

Anonymous said...

good point, i mean i have a sonic screwdriver anyway and i dont think thats just for boys.

I'm a tomboy through and through but i still want a sonic lipstick like mad.

Emerald Studios said...

I'm a Boy and I'll still get the Sonic Lipstick...




I'll get me coat