Monday, August 08, 2011

Walk For Lis

This autumn, Senior Doctor Who Executive, Edward Russell is going on a 160 mile trek from Cardiff to London!

Russell is taking on this challenge to raise money for Meadow House Hospice, the NHS-funded facility which cared for Lis earlier this year.

From Edward:

"Like many of her fans and friends, I was deeply saddened by Lis' death in April 2011 and I hope to raise as much money as possible for this wonderful cause.

Starting on Saturday 3 September, I will walk from the BBC's Upper Boat studios in Cardiff (where The Sarah Jane Adventures was filmed), aiming to arrive at the BBC Television Centre (where Lis first filmed Doctor Who) in London the following Friday. I will largely be following the National Cycling Route No. 4 - walking the equivalent of a marathan every day!"
'
(Edward Russell with Elisabeth Sladen)

You can donate to this wonderful cause at Just Giving- Walk for Lis and follow his progress from his blog, walkforlis.

From all of us here at SarahJane.tv: Good luck, Mr. Russell!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is quite gorgeous. Thank you Edward Russell. Even though it has been almost four years since Lis died I still think of her everyday and having been able to watch her over the years helps me get through the ups and downs of the day. R.I.P Lis, no one's ever going to forget you.