Monday, December 04, 2006

Feeling Old on Memory Lane

First of all, I'd just like to say thanks you guys for the welcome! I'm looking forward to contributing to SJA.TV. :)

Next, just a little bit about myself-I've been watching Doctor Who since I was about 3 years old, thanks to my mom and dad being fans. ;) Doctor Who didn't reach the States until 1973, and was only shown in a few cities. It didn't reach Minneapolis (my hometown) until the late 70s-and from what I understand, our local ABC station aired later Pertwee episodes until Lionheart took over the syndication and sold it to PBS stations-Doctor Who first aired on our local PBS station in 1981.

If this is really how it happened (remember, I was only about 3 when I started watching!), then my family was among those who started watching Doctor Who before it hit PBS. (boy do I suddenly feel old...) I think my first episode was "The Time Warrior", but it could have easliy have been even earlier ones, like "The Green Death". In any case, it's the Sarah Jane episodes I remember the most, which is a good thing, because after all, she is my favorite companion! :) *says the fangirl who still watches School Reunion with a silly grin on her face* Yay, Sarah Jane!

Coming soon...my take on "The Time Warrior"...

2 comments:

Anthony Garnon said...

Welcome to the site Romana1! :)

Romana1 said...

Thank you!! :)