Friday, January 26, 2007

Cartoon Antics

The CBBC series, "Totally Doctor Who" returns later in the year (around Easter time) and we've learnt today that each new edition will feature a 3 and a half minute cartoon version of Doctor Who, staring David Tennant and Freema Agyeman.

Although it doesn't have any real relevence on "The Sarah jane Adventures" it does prove one thing; that the BBC are willing to push their Doctor Who/CBBC connection as far as they can.

For SJA this can be only good news - proving how dedicated BBC Wales are in giving children the best possible service, and entertainment.

Man, every day I get more and more excited...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hrm... I am actually kind of disappointed by this. I love animation, and while an animated Doctor Who series sounds really cool I've been sort of dreaming of something more along the lines of an proper spin-off. Plus I've not been that impressed by Totally Doctor Who, is it silly that I sort of dreamt of a co-production between Cosgrove Hall and someone like Madhouse Studios or Gonzo, one of the big Anime studios with "grown-up"/14-24 targeted result?

Anonymous said...

i dont like TDW either

Emerald Studios said...

I was in Episode 4 of totally as the whoru, I met David Tennant and it was fantastic! About episode 3 onwards it improved. I really enjoyed the experiance I had on it

Anonymous said...

A blatant attempt by CBBC to make Totally Doctor Who watchable. Yes, I know I am way outside the target demographic, but even the kids I talk to at work who love Doctor Who think TDW is a waste of time. The ex-presenter of Blue Peter is okay (on the grounds that I am a sad old bloke), but the Jack Black wannabe is a complete waste of time.

Anyway, to the subject at hand. I think that an animated Doctor Who story is a grand idea, and Infinte Quest is a great title, and the story synopsis sounds interesting. I can't say I think much of the image they have posted the Doctor though, it looks nothing like the DT.