Sunday, September 23, 2007

Ugly Slitheen

With less than 24 hours to go before the series launch of "The Sarah Jane Adventures" things are getting exciting. On a personal level I've spent today re-watching a couple of classic Sarah Jane Smith adventures, including "The Time Warrior" and "School Reunion". Bring on the new adventures I say - mostly 'cos we've waited long enough for them!!

Lizo from Newsround is one of the lucky few who has actually seen the first episode and he's kindly written a write-up for it on the CBBC website; "There are two things that make the Sarah Jane Adventures special. Firstly, the spot-on performance from the kids - Yasmin Paige, Thomas Knight and Daniel Anthony. Secondly, this episode's sparkling script from Gareth Roberts, who penned this year's Shakespeare Doctor Who episode.

It has just the right balance of scares and laughs and surprises. It's a great start, and hopefully the high standard will be maintained right the way through the series' 10 episodes."

You can read the full review here.

Yesterday morning Lis Sladen appeared on Eamonn Holmes Radio 5 show (9am). Lis talked about the new series, and what it was like to return to a character she th she'd left behind 30 years ago.

So, the interesting part - how are you preparing for the series tomorrow? Have you re-watched any classic adventures like me, or are you throwing a silly (but very fun!) launch party? Are you going to watch episode one on its own, or will you flick over to the CBBC Channel to catch the second part? Let us know in the comments section below!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

ive watched Genesis of the daleks and pyramids of mars already today, i kight watch hand of fear later too.

Im gonna watch em both tomorrow, i dont reall want to but everyone else in my family is, im also reviewing it for my mums webiste but im holiding off the review till next week for ppl who havent seen it

im excited!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm resisting watching any other stories. I've thought & looked forward to it for so long, so I don't want too much of SJ, till tomorrow. Thanfully I don't have the CBBC channel so I wont be seeing it so quick. I'd rather have ten week of it instead of five & then Voyage of Damned wont seem so far away!

Anonymous said...

I want to resist episode two on CBBC, I really do, because waiting a week between stories is just not as good as waiting a week between two halves of the same story. But I know I'm not strong enough, sigh.

And it will make the run seem shorter - but only by one week, and I think I can live with that. Probably.

Alfred Charles Snider said...

I've watched HAND OF FEAR and SCHOOL REUNION.
The reviews sound great.
As a USA resident I will have to wait, so no party until later.
I named my now 28-year-old daughter after Sarah Jane Smith. Of course, her mother thinks she was named after her great grandmother with the same name, but we agreed to do it that way.
So, you can see, I am one committed to the Who universe.

Romana1 said...

I'm also in the USA, so the party will have to wait...but...

...since I am in the process of moving, I haven't been able to watch anything lately (dang it!) It also means I'll have to wait even longer to see the first episode. (double dang!) :(
(I'll just wait both parts at the same time! That won't be so bad..) :)

Mark said...

I watched Invasion Of The Bane yesterday :D

By the way you can now see Elisabeth Sladen Interview with a exclusive preview long clip of Revenge Of The Slitheen and 3 different trailers here

http://tardis-and-torchwood-treasures.blogspot.com/2007/09/sarah-jane-adventures-tonight.html

Sorry about linking but its easier to post that one link than four different ones.

Can't wait only 18 mins :D