Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Morbius's brain in the U.S.

Well, with all the excitement surrounding the last two episodes of Doctor Who, and recent discoveries about series two of SJA, I feel a little silly reporting this! (Especially since it's a little late, due to the fact that the info became available while I was away on vacation...)

The Brain of Morbius (Doctor Who story #084) will be released on dvd here in the U.S. on 10/07/2008.

"The Time Lords have taken control of the TARDIS, sending the 4th Doctor and Sarah Jane Smith into dangerous territory..."

Special features include:
-commentary by actors Tom Baker, Elisabeth Sladen, Philip Madoc, producer Philip Hinchcliffe, and director Christopher Barry

-Making of documentary, narrated by Paul McGann!
For more info about the release, cover art and a complete list of special features, be sure to check out the release info on tvshowsondvd.com!

This release follow's that of K-9 and Company : a Girl's Best Friend, scheduled to be released along side The Invasion of Time on 09/02/2008.

Normally I get excited about dvd releases for episodes I have on VHS-it means more shelf space! However, I think I may be hanging onto my VHS copy of the Brain of Morbius for a little while longer, just for kicks. I have the collector's edition (the complete unedited edition) from BBC Video/Warner Bros. I've been watching it for years, and just recently, I noticed the printing on the tape itself: Doctor Who: The Brain of Morpheus. Ha! Does anyone else have that on their copy?

2 comments:

Nabu San said...

lol, that's the greatest typo ever :D

Romana1 said...

*heehee* That's what I said! ;)