Monday, December 01, 2008

Priceless

Ticket to Chicago: xyz dollars.
Hotel reservation: xyz dollars.
Reserved seating: xyz dollars.
Memorabilia: xy dollars.
Many trips to Starbucks: xy dollars.
Meeting your childhood idol: priceless.

I survived Chicago Tardis! This was my first Doctor Who convention, and I had a fabulous time! I didn't want it to end...but, alas, at 2AM this morning (when my flight finally got in), it was back to 'ledger books and burst pipes' for me. ;)

Elisabeth was as lovely as ever-I have tons of pictures, and stories to go with them. However, my camera is new, my computer old, and I'm leaving for my Christmas vacation back home in a little over two weeks-so it may be a few days before I get the pictures posted.

In the meantime, if you haven't seen them already, Dave the Doctor has posted a couple of clips from Elisabeth's panels:
The first one is from Friday:
Elisabeth Sladen on Sarah Jane Adventures

This next one (and one of my favorites) is from Saturday:
Eldrad Must Live

It's funny-the angle these were taken were similar to my own for both days. :)(I couldn't find my seat the first day-turns out I was on the wrong side!) I really enjoyed her panels-she's very gracious and loves her fans! :)

A quick shout out to our readers that I met around the con and waiting in line to meet Elisabeth-it was wonderful to meet you! Half the fun of these cons is meeting new people who share your enthusiasum. Thank you for a great time! :)
Post a Comment