Friday, June 19, 2009

A Lazy Monday in front of the telly...

Well, it's been a while since I've had the chance to post! I was hoping I'd be announcing when SJA would air here in America by now...but, alas, I have not heard anything definitive yet. :(

However, SciFi (soon to be Syfy) does have the first season as a part of it's daytime rotation next week. Monday, June 22nd, starting with Invasion of the Bane at 9:30 am EDT. Come, now-I know I'm not the only one who will watch a marathon of one of my favorite shows on tv, even though the dvds are sitting pretty on my dvd shelf. Admit it-there are a few of you out there! ;)

Before I go, I will leave you with this-my attempt at an SJA costume when I was at Marcon last month:

Why, yes, that lipstick can be a bit more sonic

As with all of my costumes- a work in progress. LOL! :) (Maybe next year I'll finally get that Andy Pandy costume made!)

5 comments:

Mike said...

Watching SJA on Sci-Fi drives me so crazy because they edit it so much because of the commercials, but (as is the case with Doctor Who) watching episodes in marathon form makes it totally worth while. I'm totally tempted to skip work on Saturday.

Great costume. At Chicago TARDIS this year, a woman had a great Andy Pandy costume, and, though I've never been a gay man who was tempted to dress in drag, it was the thing that made me come closest in a long while.

Romana1 said...

Thank you, Mike! :) I saw the woman in the Andy Pandy costume as well-it was fantastic!

Yeah, I know-the editing for commercials drives me crazy, too-it's too bad it can't be shown in a 45 minute block-I bet there would be less editing. Invasion of the Bane had the least cuts, because they have an hour episode that they were able to stick in an hour and a half block. On the bright side, I've spoken with people who saw the Sci-Fi version first, and still thought the show was great. :) No matter where they show it the second series, I'll be here to list the cuts!

Nabu San said...

You look amazing! Love the watch and the lipstick! Lol at the K9! They should make a plush version of him. Ecstatic to hear you guys are having a marathon, so envious! Like you though, DVD boxset sitting on the shelf :P And well-used on a weekly basis whenever my nephews come over! As for the SciFi rebrand - gah, don't get me started(!)

Anonymous said...

Hello,

I am selling a rather large collection of my Doctor Who & Sarah Jane Adventures collection on EBAY and i thought maybe you's might be intreseted.
I have a signed DVD Sarah Jane Adventures Box Set cos i went to the signing last november in london,
SJA Wristband, David Tennant signed cards, and a SJA Signed Book
Hope maybe you might be intrested i have put in on the for 3 days and my shop is called
diddysgiftsandcollectables
on EBay!!!

Thanks

Anonymous said...

bg fat cow, dont try and even look like sara ane ate, u r rank