Thursday, October 22, 2009

Going Live - Week Two

The writers of SARAH-JANE.tv present a series of 'live' reactions to the episodes we're seeing, over the weekend following transmission. Come Monday morning, you'll have a running commentary by the pair of us of what we think worked, or might not have worked, in the episodes we're watching.

This week - Mad Woman in the Attic Parts 1&2

22/10/2009

Anthony - 16:20: Little over fifteen minutes to go until Part One begins now. Hmmm... a few weeks back I knew nothing about this story, and I liked it that way. Thought it might surprise me when I see it all unfold on screen. But then came the BBC Press Release with the synopsis, and the Den of Geek! review, and all the leaked photographs... all in all, I feel a little overexposed in it all now. Hopefully it'll still surprise me.

Anthony - 16:38: My, the woman playing the older Rani is doing a fab Anjli Mohindra impersonation. And boy... that young chap - remind you of Tommy Knight, much?

Anthony - 16:45: Hmm... I'm not sure I entirely believe the off screen antics of Rani and her mate wots-his-face. She's never mentioned him before... As for Maria's latest exploits, do we reckon they're believable? Working with Obama's government?!

Anthony - 16:53: "I knew I should have brought Luke - he moans less than you" Haha, Sarah Jane Smith does deadpan. Ooh, and funny Clyde!! The scene involving the two of them discussing Sarah's age - funniest SJA scene ever?

Anthony - 16:56: The Time War!

Anthony - 16:58: I'm struggling to believe the storyline - maybe it's because Rani looks older than she really is. Zac Efron - doubt she'd really give a toss about him. Isn't it only 12 year old girls who fantasise about that prat?! How old is Rani anyways?!

Anthony - 17:01: A decent enough episode - the emotional stuff works really well, and always has done in the SJA. The overall plot still seems a little... slight. But hopefully it'll grow with Sarah-Jane getting more involved in the proceedings...

Anthony - 17:03: Show's over, with Newsround now on. What did everybody else think of it all? Leave your comments below, and we'll add them to this post!

Nabu - 17:21: Did anyone else yell 'cheeky bastard' at their telly when Clyde was talking about how old Sarah Jane was? :D In a LOL way, mind you. Incredible episode! Can't believe they picked up on the Maria/Rani tension at last! It couldn't be all smiles between 'em!

Anthony - 17:28: Actually Nabu, it brought to mind some of the entries on the SARAH-JANE.tv competition (people, go vote!), which revolve around Maria returning to Bannerman Road and meeting Rani face-to-face...

10 comments:

Brandon said...

Not as good as i'd hoped, some good bits with Sarah and Clyde though.

Why did they pick two boys who look similar to Tommy Knight? or is it just all boys have that same haircut nowadays.

Nabu San said...

Dude, it's emo and shiz! Tommy Knight's hairstyle is a dime a dozen :P But I do believe they had trouble with it whilst filming, they tried to differentiate it with partings.

Brandon said...

Boys are lame :P

then why didnt they jsut pick boys who looked different???

Anonymous said...

on the new Pizza hut Happy Hour advert with the family , is it rani who's there waitress . It sure looks like her. i thouggh it was a great episode , like sja's new approch to humor , really reminded me of "Fear Her"
9/10 from me!

Brandon said...

Yes i belive it is

Lauren. said...

I'm not Rani's biggest fan, but I liked it.
Especially loved the banter between Sarah Jane and Clyde. Dead-pan much? LOL.

I couldnt help but laugh when Eve started talking outloud though. If you've seen 'Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging' you'll know what I'm talking about, cause it's so different to SJA it would be hard to take an actress seriously, but I think she did a good job (:

Overall I liked it way more than I thought I would.

Nabu San said...

I remember her from 'Angus, Thongs...' and her character is indeed different, prettier even! She does a grand job. As does Rani. Was always in Camp Maria before, but finally switched sides! Anjli Mohindra rocks.

David said...

I really loved the episode, it was very different to the usual and it was great to see Rani getting something big to do for a change.

Roll on tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

No switching sides!! Camp Maria FTW!!!

Also minus it being Rani centric I loved the episode overall. And the two Tommy Knight look-a-likes.

ElphabaShepard said...

I have to agree with Anonymous - as great as Rani is in the episode, I am still in Camp Maria, 110%. The reviewer said it - she won't ever replace Maria.

But despite that, I haven't enjoyed an episode so much in a while - the banter with Clyde and Sarah Jane (I know everyone keeps saying it, but it's true) was just so brilliant, and hilarious, I can't help re-watching the episode just for that! And Eve too - she's fascinating. Can't wait for this afternoon!!