Thursday, February 15, 2007

Sarah-Jane's Face Lift

No, the news isn't as bad as it sounds. The lovely Miss Sladen hasn't succumb to cosmetic surgery. Oh no, far from it (lets face it, she doesn't need a face lift does she? I hope I look that good at 59!). Instead, I'm referring to this very site, which has itself undergone a tranformation.

SARAH JANE SMITH - A 21ST CENTURY KINDA WOMAN

A few weeks ago I asked for suggestions on how I could improve these pages, and I got a fair few responces. A lot of you wanted to see "lighter and friendlier" colours; and ones that reflected the very feminine side of Sarah Jane Smith. So this is what I come up with.

It's a mix of light pinks and whites - and is a real contrast to the dark brooding colours of torchwood.tv. At the top of the page, we have a nice, simple logo - written in Courier New font to reflect Sarah-Jane's life as a journalist (as that's the font most type writers produce, don't you know!) All in all I believe the new look perfectly captures the spirit of the all new Sarah Jane Adventures.

And I hope it meets your approval.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmmmm, i'm not to wild about it at the moment, but i think i can get used to it.

I reckon pink and white stripes would have been better :P

Emerald Studios said...

Well Jack, I don't really like the colours, I'd prefer purple and white, something like the Sarah Jane Adventures titles. Also the episode guide links ain't working, they link back to TW.TV and Change the Cbox, It doesn't look right on the page

Anthony Garnon said...

It's nice to see my team has confidence in me... :P

Anonymous said...

How about a nice sonic lippy red for the background.

Romana1 said...

I guess I'm the only one who likes the pink, then, huh? It was a little startling at first(from very dark to very bright), but it grew on me after a few seconds. ;)

I noticed the links weren't working as well, but I figured that's because there's nothing to link to yet. I have an idea for them that's been playing around in my head for a few days-I'll email it to you, Capt'n. Hopefully you'll like it. :)

Anthony Garnon said...

I'm liking the idea a lot Romana1 - go you!

As for the new look, well I don't care if you lot hate it, because I love it!!! hehe

You gotta agree that it's more inviting to new readers, at least...

And no apalling logo!!!