Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Best of the Best!

Yes I'm still here - I just haven't posted much of late! *sheepish grin* But that's ok, cos the other guys are all doing a great job, and I'm honored just to be a part of it all. :)

WHO'S THE BEST? (A CLUE, LOOK ABOVE!)

Anyways... I just came across this article that I'd like to share with you all; "the 5 Best and Worst Companions of Doctor Who". It's no suprise whatsoever that the number one spot for "best companion" belongs to our very own Sarah Jane! :) Yay for her, and the wonderful Lis Sladen! (Special thanks to the folks over at DoctorWho for the link!)

Enjoy, and I'll see you folks again real soon (that's a promise!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i wish ppl wouldnt get down on Adric, i liked him

Anonymous said...

Thanks from Australia for this interesting site.
I agree about Sarah-Jane being No 1, and many of the 'worst assistants' were well considered, but the '80's assistants like Ace reprsent the nadir of the series.
I'd have thought Jo Grant would rate 2nd behinf Sarah but Rose was just too common for my liking and in the same league as Mel, Tegan and other failures in the series.
I appreciate your information here, esp the ROBOT dvd news recently. A well loved show here in Australia still then and now

Anonymous said...

As part of the Media blitz that invariably accompanies any new Who on the telly, the BBC News site has an in pictures article here about the various companions over the years ... and to be fair, they have crammed a lot in, including our very own Sarah-Jane.

They do seem to be missing one whole Doctor and a certain Time Lady.
What say you, Romana1? *evil grin*

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_pictures/6479453.stm

peter-pan

Romana1 said...

LOL-I know! What's up with that? You'd think they'd leave space for at least *one* of my regenerations! ;)

I've always liked Adric, too-I dunno-maybe it's just a girl thing...

I think part of the reason why Rose has been voted near the top is because she is the most recent, and probably the most familiar with new viewers who are not as familiar with the classic series. We'll see if she'll stand the test of time as our Sarah Jane has.