Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Season Two Confirmed

Finally! Official confirmation from the BBC! "The Sarah Jane Adventures" will return for a second series! Click on this link for the official news, straight from the BBC Press Office, as CBBC Unveils New Dramas.

She's coming back for a second run and she's going global! Anyone else excited as I am?!? (Silly question, I know.) ;)
+
The second series will comprise of 12x half hour episodes, and is expected around September/October of this year. It'll once again be executive produced by Russell T Davies and Julie Gardner. There's no mention of Phil Collinson (who leaves his role on Doctor Who this April) but a new name is listed; CBBC's Sue Nott.
+
There's also confirmation of a third series of MI:High, and the last ever run of children's institution, "Grange Hill", which is ending after an amazing 30 year run!

(Thank you, Gracielizzie, for the tip!)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're welcome :) but I only got the news from hanging out at OPG/DWF. ^_^ Still I a dead happy.

Anonymous said...

How do we contact the posters on this site? I can't find a contact link anywhere...

Thanks

Anonymous said...

Generally I just use the comments.

Anyway Mark Wright of The Stage's blog post on the cancellation of Grange Hill mentions SJA and how it is more relevant than GH which many think was past it's best:

"Let’s face it; a fantasy adventure show like The Sarah Jane Adventures has more social relevance to a young audience and what it means to be growing up."

Nabu San said...

*dies* About...TIME! Can't wait till September! Gah, I'll me starting my Masters! Hope I have time to catch it.

Anthony Garnon said...

You can contact me via this email address:

captainjackharkness@hotmail.co.uk

Anthony, 'jackharkness'

Not Sedated said...

Great news!! I love Sarah Jane and I liked the first season A LOT!!
I've seen series one last year (God bless Internet!), but I hope it will be aired someday here in Argentina!
Amazing blog for an amazing show, cheers! :)

Anonymous said...

Nabusan if we're lucky it'll be on BBC IPlayer.

Nabu San said...

Alas, BBC iPlayer is teh suck on firefox - i.e. it doesn't work at all, and I refuse to go back to Internet Explorer lol. Options: 1) download it like the rest of the world or 2) Arrange my timetable so my classes finish before 4pm ;D Preferably the latter, 'cause I've never missed the premiere of an SJA episode like, evar.

Anonymous said...

Get IE Tab I here that works. Wouldn't know myself IPlayer is beyond the capabilities of the Wii or the laptop I'm currently borrowing. I'm looking foward to getting my laptop back from the menders.

curls said...

Congrats on series two! The show will overshadow WHO and Torchwood very soon.