Tuesday, April 15, 2008

First Impressions

Did everyone catch Invasion of the Bane on Friday? What did you think? Before IotB, I read four reviews online: Entertainment Weekly, the Philadelphia Daily News, the Chicago Tribune, and Variety (via metacritic.com), with the exception of Variety (which, in my opinion, was a little harsh), the reviews were genrelly favorable.

I did a little searching on the web today to try to get some first impressions-I ended up on SciFi's SJA forum boards. :) Most members who rated the episode either gave it an 'Excellent', or 'Good' rating, with a few who gave it an 'Average', 'Fair', or 'Poor' rating. There were a few who absolutely could not stand the episode, but I was happy to see that several people watched it and were 'pleasantly surprised!'. I hope they keep tuning in-it only gets better from here!

Overall, it sounds like most people enjoyed the episode-I hope that this is reflected in the official ratings!

I will be posting my review of Invasion of the Bane in the next day or so. :)

2 comments:

Nabu San said...

The episodes get stronger from IotB onwards. We'll convert the naysayers!

Anonymous said...

I converted at least one person, through sheer persistence, at work. She said it was adorable and she wanted her grand-daughter to watch. I've got a line on hooking another fan of British TV. As for the Variety, review--well, since I can barely stand to read their "boffo" headlines, I really won't worry about one review... MinervaFan