Thursday, April 16, 2009

Meet the Parents

A lovely man called Paul got in touch with me last week, asking me to promote a forthcoming event of his. It was because he asked so nicely that I agreed to his request and promised to mention the information in my next update here. Only I forgot, and Paul is such a lovely man that I'd feel horrible if I didn't apologise for it. So sorry, and here's hoping this makes up for my lapse in memory.

Over to you, Paul:

Thought you might be interested to know that we are running an event this June in London with a selection of SJA guests. We have JOSEPH MILLSON (Alan Jackson), CHRISTOPHER PIZZY (Eddie Smith) and ROSANNA LEVELLE (Barbara Smith), plus a couple pending confirmation.If you could let fellow SJA enthusiasts know that would be fabulous!

Also lined up to appear are original companion Carole Ann Ford (Susan Foreman), Sarah Sutton (Nyssa), the very suave Richard Martin (who directed several classic Doctor Who adventures) and a couple of writers, in James Moran and Toby Whithouse.

Don't you dare miss all the fun! (Which, by the way, takes place at the Cockpit Theatre in London - 6th June 2009).

The Utopia Event's official site is here. It's where you book your tickets, and everything...

UPDATE! Juliet Cowan (Chrissie Jackson) is now confirmed as attending, also.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds crap.

Anonymous said...

...joke sounds GREAT !! jospeh m's there :D and janes Parents !! :D

Anonymous said...

Brilliant! Will have to book!

Anonymous said...

tht aint fair! its on my birthday!!!

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, I'm moving house on that day.

Nabu San said...

Ah, poor timing! That's the day I'm heading off to see Tommy Knight in Stansted. Gah. Fortunately I've met Joe, and probably will again in a few weeks when he's taking part in the Invasion convention with Juliet Cowan. Though Pizzy does make it very very tempting! I really wanna hug him! Many thanks to Paul for making the fandom aware of it, though! I'll pass on the word on OG.

Anonymous said...

Does Elisabeth Sladen Smoke ?

Anonymous said...

I know she used to, because there's footage of the Robot readthrough and pretty much everyone around that table was smoking.