Thursday, October 15, 2009

Going Live - Week One

We're doing something new and exciting here on SARAH-JANE.tv over the next 6 weeks, to tie in with the UK broadcast of the SJA series three. Read on to find out more... Basically myself and Nabu will take a page from Twitter's book and present a series of 'live' reactions to the episodes we're seeing, over the weekend following transmission. Come Monday morning, you'll have a running commentary by the pair of us of what we think worked, or might not have worked, in the episodes we're watching.

So begins the experiment... Keep returning to this page over the weekend to read updates from myself and Nabu!

"Prisoner of the Judoon - Parts 1&2"

15/10/2009

Anthony - 16:09: We're about twenty minutes away from launch! I'm both busy fretting that what I wrote above doesn't quite make sense, and immensely hungry. Do I have time to go downstairs and make dinner before it starts? Hmm... should I risk it? My belly rumbles, so I think I will...

Anthony - 16:15: Pasta cooking. Good! Will be ready in time... Still trying to work out the best possible format for this, so stick with us! If you leave your own updates in the comments section below, along with your name, we'll add them to this main feed :) How's that for service?!

Chilli Beast - 16:26 :Ohh ... dont ya just wanna watch it now ... the waiting is almost unbareable - then you remember you have been waiting all year and its the very last part thats the trickiest !? Anyone Ready for Adventure ?!? More hot screen views of Sexxii Lizzz Sladden ?? I am.

Anthony - 16:27: Yeah... come on Raven, end already!

Anthony - 16:30: The cheese sauce I added to the pasta doesn't taste all that nice. Now I'm worried that I'll have a bad taste in my mouth all the way through the episode. No fair. If that happens, it'll put a damper on everything! :P

Anthony - 16:34: "Put your homework away..." Oh, alright... but only 'cos you're making me.

Anthony - 16:35: Ooh, ooh, Clyde! They've added his narration to the start... genius! I'm going radio silent for the next half an hour :)

Anthony - 17:04: Wow. The first thought that hits me is just how funny that was. Loved the Judoon driving the police car gag!! And the Chandra family seem to have grown on me since their first appearence in 2008. Hmm, what did readers make of it all?

Ryan - 17:08: That was amazing. I couldnt wait for it to start. I waS jumping around the house. LOL!

Anonymous - 17:19: Absolutely hilarious, SJA you have thwarted my education, I should be writing History coursework. But It was well worth it, Loving the Judoon and the police car haha XD. Dont get the underlying Chandra storyline, hope it ties in with the action tommorow. Luke is rather more confident. And where does a Judoon get a "Plastic squeezy"???

Anonymous - 17:35: Poor acting apart from Liz and Anthony, ba use of the Judoon, they need to be in groups! And if that's Nicholas rigs doing the voices: 'u've let us down! Jolly poor show, bit still strangely exited about tommorow. Don't blow Bannerman Road!

Anthony - 17:41: The episode is now up on iPlayer for anybody who missed it.

Anthony - 17:57: Off to work now, with a splitting headache. Not good. Keep those comments coming in whilst I'm gone!

Nabu - 18:03: Just about recovered from the flood of threads and conversation regarding the episode over at Gallifrey Base. My fingers are exhausted from typing! But I'll share my thoughts quickly. Finest opening to a series of SJA to date, totally blew The Last Sontaran out of the water. Currently planning to put up a little something before 7pm, stay tuned.

Anonymous - 18.36: I haven't been able to watch it yet because iplayer haven't got their subtitles up yet!!! I'm so annoyed. That's unacceptable. Hopefully they'll get a grip and there'll be subs up by the end of the day - by which time the world and his Judoon may have stopped trying to grab it, so my viewing should be hitch free...

Nabu - 19.13: To kick off a brand new series, we're celebrating by opening the doors on SARAH-JANE.tv's brand new Bubbleshock Contest minisite! Be sure to submit your vote to choose a worthy winner!

16/10/2009

Anthony - 01.00: Asked a reasonable question at work - 'Did anybody watch the SJA today?' Oh, how they laughed. I hate how people judge the programme because it airs on CBBC... and how they then judge me for watching it!

Anthony - 12.35: Just finished watching the episode again. Apparently some fans hated Lis' acting during her possession scenes. Erm... I thought she was fab! Can anybody tell me what they thought was wrong with what she did?

Anthony - 15.12: About an hour to go until the next episode. I suddenly realise that the Gita and Haresh scenes yesterday were a bit of a drag, weren't they? Hopefully they'll find a useful way of bringing them into the main story tonight.

Anthony - 15.14: Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with Gita and Haresh. Well... I do. I really want to like them, honest. I just... can't. No idea why.

Nabu - 15.50: I adored Gita and Haresh, such an improvement on last year! Same with Rani. So much more resonance to their performances this series. I'm rewatching Part 1 in HD at the moment, in preparation of Part 2 in just over a half hour! I'm rather gutted I have to go to work straight after, but I know what I'll be talking to my colleagues about! *dork*

Nabu - 17.04: Bloody hell! If the first part wasn't good enough, the second half just totally blew me AWAY! One of the strongest two-parters in SJA history, and it can only get better!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chilli Beast - 16:26 : Ohh ... dont ya just wanna watch it now ... the waiting is almost unbareable - then you remember you have been waiting all year and its the very last part thats the trickiest !? Anyone Ready for Adventure ?!? More hot screen views of Sexxii Lizzz Sladden ?? I am.

ryan said...

That was amazing. I couldnt wait for it to start. I waS jumping around the house. LOL!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely hilarious, SJA you have thwarted my education, I should be writing History coursework. But It was well worth it, Loving the Judoon and the police car haha XD. Dont get the underlying Chandra storyline, hope it ties in with the action tommorow. Luke is rather more confident. And where does a Judoon get a "Plastic squeezy"???

Anonymous said...

Poor acting apart from Liz and Anthony, ba use of the Judoon, they need to be in groups! And if that's Nicholas rigs doing the voices: 'u've let us down! Jolly poor show, bit still strangely exited about tommorow. Don't blow Bannerman Road!

Anonymous said...

I haven't been able to watch it yet because iplayer haven't got their subtitles up yet!!! I'm so annoyed. That's unacceptable. Hopefully they'll get a grip and there'll be subs up by the end of the day - by which time the world and his Judoon may have stopped trying to grab it, so my viewing should be hitch free...

ElphabaShepard said...

Sometimes I wonder how the producers still manage to kid themselves that this is a kids show. Lis was FANTASTIC as an evil character - cue hot flushes and several fits of giggles! Clyde was fantastic as "the joker of the pack" again - he does get the best lines, humour wise! Nice to see Luke taking charge and getting more comfortable.

The story was brilliant - loved Sarah Jane plunging right in, and everything getting started so quickly - also loved that we got to see her doing an actual interview, rather than because she thought aliens were involved! Correct me if I'm wrong, but we haven't seen that since Warriors of Kudlak! Loved the "no comment" line.

All in all, I adored it - just as I knew I would! Even managed to persuade a friend to watch it with me, and she couldn't stop giggling either!

ElphabaShepard said...

Oh, and one last thing - loved the little throw back to The Lost Boy! "Because, as I understand it, that is what you're programmed to do. That is your purpose!"

Anonymous said...

Why Do They always blow up the main bases , first TORCHWOOD's HUB now SARAH JANE's ATTIC. They both where the cliffhanger for both Series Three Opener episodes ! I Think it is quickly becoming highly unorigional. But would they really blow up the safe old’ Attic from a childrens TV show. In the NEXT TIME … trailer you could tell they didnt show clips of Juddon , Rani and the Boys – so all the little kiddies say : OMG – THERE DEAD , EVEN THOUGH WE KNOW THEY’LL BE IN FUTURE EPISODES… !!! MAYBE THEY’LL KILL OF SARAH JANE TOO , IN THE SERIES OPENER EPISODE!!


Last thing...
In the Series Two opener of Torchwood a alien was driving a car...isnt that just copying them?

On a positive note , i like these lines...

'Maybe he just wanted her to help him Phone Home ?' - Clyde

'Who do you think you are , Jack Bower?' - Rani

'...and leave the gun' - Sarah Jane to Clyde

ElphabaShepard said...

Anthony - I totally agree with you, I thought Lis was BRILLIANT in the possession scenes, truly showing how amazing an actress she is. And for me, the Gita and Haresh scenes weren't so much a drag as a little bit silly... I want to like them, I can see why we should like them, but... as characters, they don't appeal like Alan and Chrissie did.

Anonymous said...

Aww, I have to concur I miss Maria so much! Alan and Chrissie too. Rani is OK... but I never really accepted her into the gang, nor her parents.

Then again Clyde had to grow on me as well. Haha the possession scenes, they just made me laugh, not in a bad way but in a OMG...the tongue and wow this is so out of character its really funny! I love Luke and would like to see more of him outside of the SJA world. Sometimes I'm not sure if he is deeply in character or sort of out of it.

Storyline was pretty epic and I'm excited to see more. Its on the very EDGE of being a show with general appeal. But something is holding it back. If I wasn't already a fan these episodes would not have gotten me into the fandom.

ElphabaShepard said...

Anonymous (latest comment) - I have to agree. I still think Maria left a massive hole in the show when she left, and Sarah Jane isn't as close to either Clyde or Rani now as she was to Maria. It's only Luke left to look after her emotionally, and I don't think that's quite fair. I loved Maria's role in the show to pieces, and I really really wish she'd come back, even if it was only for an episode or something.

And strange as it may sound, I miss Chrissie not liking Sarah Jane - it's nice to have a character that doesn't, just to keep things a little different. And Alan was such a brilliant character, healthy scepticism, but when it came down to it, believed everything.

I know Yasmin Paige is going through exams and everything, but just one episode? That's all I'm asking!