Saturday, October 24, 2009

Stop the Wedding!

Phew. I'm dry at last. Just got back from my trip to Liverpool, and it's raining hard here in Manchester. To say I got drenched because of it would be an understatement! But no worries, because the day trip was worth it - I got to see an episode of The Sarah Jane Adventures up on the big screen!


You're probably going to want to know all about the episode I saw, The Wedding of Sarah Jane Smith - Part One (ultimately they only showed the one part... meaning I have to wait almost a week to find out how it ends - just like old times!) but the thing is, I don't want to spoil it for you all at home. Needless to say it's oh-so-very funny, and more than a little emotional, too. Sarah Jane has found her man at last... and he's probably a rotter. No fair!

Don't get yourself too worked up about David Tennant's guest appearence on Thursday - he only appeared in one scene, and that makes up no more than about, ooh, ten seconds. The majority of the Doctor's screentime comes in Part Two (which looks great, if the next time trailer is anything to go by).

After the screening Daniel Anthony, Anjli Mohindra and Tommy Knight appeared to answer a selection of audience questions. Things we learnt through it? Tom and Anjli like the colour purple (Dan is more of a blue guy...). Tom dreams of one day training to be a doctor. Anjli was terrified of forthcoming villain Erasmus Darkening. Oh, and Dan revealled exactly where he lives...

I managed to get a photograph taken with fellow SARAH-JANE.tv writer Nabu San (who'll post his own reaction to the day in due time) next to an icon of the series... K9!! Later, Dan and Tom very kindly signed the photo - "To SARAH-JANE.TV - loads of love Tommy and Dan" As soon as I can get my scanner working, I'll upload a snap of it onto the site.

In the meantime, can I thank BBC Events for organising the day, and for all of the staff who were so friendly and welcoming throughout the day. Also, a big hello to the new faces I met - fellow SJA fans who I was introduced to. I had a brilliant time talking and joking with you across the day. Hopefully we'll have another chance to meet up again very soon...

Remember!! You can catch The Wedding of Sarah Jane Smith this coming Thursday and Friday on BBC One/BBC HD from 4:35pm. Don't miss it!!

17 comments:

Sarah said...

Were those questions at the 12pm screening? I saw all the people coming out of that because I was first in line for 1.30 screening but I didn't see anyone I recognised off here. :(

Nabu San said...

Oh, we took our time - we were filling in a survey thingy. Seems every screening got a Q&A though, how fortunate! My report won't add much more than Anthony's - but I'm looking to get a few pics from the day up - and what the activities were like. We had great fun!

Also, Stel got in, huzzah!

Anthony Garnon said...

Hope I didn't tred on your toes too much Nabu with this report. Just thought I'd address what went on, and leave you to discuss all the fun stuff like what we did tomorrow :)

And yes, the lovely Stel :)

Rev said...

I still really wish I put 'SARAH IS A SLAAAAAAAAAAAG' on the questionnaire.

ElphabaShepard said...

*Cheers* That I did Nabu - and I can't even describe how amazing it was to see our beloved SJA on the big screen.

I'm sorry I missed you Sarah! I was probably there when you were, which is annoying. What did you think? (Do I need to ask? *Chuckles*)

It was great to see you too, Ant, even only for a few seconds!

Rev... little worried.

Nabu San said...

Ah, the surveys were very lulzy - especially when it came to age.

And no problem at all, Ant! You've halved my workload. I hate doing megaposts where I have to cover everything ^_^ This way I can just focus on the activities :)

Rev said...

Lol, she is though.

*ships Harry/Sarah*

ElphabaShepard said...

Rev - if you want to be really harsh, then maybe desperate is the word, but not slag!

Anonymous said...

So... was it the best SJA episode ever ?!


Do you think it had a higer budget that any other story !?

...and is Peter Dalton actually nice , aka. does he suite SJ !?

Sarah said...

It was the best episode ever (in my opinion) and it had all the right jokes in it andervything.

I was looking out for you Stel but I didn't see you (obviously. If I had I'd've waved or something).

I made a sound recording of the 1.30 Q&A but I can vaguely remember some security person saying 'no cameras or recording equipment' before we went in so should I load it on to SJA news or not? :S

ElphabaShepard said...

Totally agree with you there, Sarah - it was unbelievably brilliant. Right from the first moment Peter came on the screen, the hairs on the back of your neck start to tingle, and the romance (even though you know he's a scumbag) is so cute, and Lis smiles so much... Gorgeous. And the jokes were brilliant - loved K9 and Mr Smith bantering!

It's alright Sarah - shame we missed each other, but maybe next time?
Was that the sound recording that has gone up on youtube? I found one yesterday, asking about favourite colours? Was that the one you recorded?

Sarah said...

No, I've recorded them saying what football teams they supported, what they were in before SJA, what time they get up in the morning and how much they get paid (although the actual question was 'how much do you weigh?'). But would it be ok to put it up? Ok as in legal? :)

Sarah said...

You know what, I'm just going to go ahead and put it up (if I can). If it does turn out to be piracy or something then at least I'll get some recognition from the BBC and be on the news!

Sarah said...

'File type does not meet security guidelines'. Help, anyone?

ElphabaShepard said...

Sorry, Sarah - I'm a bit useless at things like that. Why don't you try uploading it to youtube, and posting the link here?

As for it being legal... probably not. I'm sure it said we weren't allowed recording equipment.

Nabu San said...

I'm sure the Q&A's fine, just don't record the episode!

That favourite colours question was from the private screening, my friend Adam recorded it. We got asked the footie question, too. But now I'm dead curious about how much they get paid!

Sarah said...

By 'record' do you mean 'upload'? If not then I'm in trouble. :D