Friday, January 29, 2010

The Sonic Lipstick Awards (Series Three)

Forget Mr Smith... calling all SJA fandom, we need you!!

It's that time again, when SARAH-JANE.tv calls upon YOU to vote in its annual poll; looking back at the latest season of The Sarah Jane Adventures, to decide what was loved, or hated - and everything inbetween!

There's a few changes in how we're doing things this year - so make sure you read each question carefully, and answer accordingly.

FAVOURITE ADVENTURE
Rate the episodes out of 10 (10 highest; 1 lowest).

1: Prisoner of the Judoon
2: The Mad Woman in the Attic
3: The Wedding of Sarah Jane Smith
4: The Eternity Trap
5: Mona Lisa's Revenge
6: The Gift

EXTRA PICKINGS
Rate each out of 10 (10 highest; 1 lowest).

1: From Raxacoricofallapatorius With Love (Comic Relief 2009)
2: The End of Time (Doctor Who - Lis Sladen/Tommy Knight cameo only)
3: The White Wolf (BBC Audio Release)
4: The Shadow People (BBC Audio Release)
5: Complete Series 2 DVD Special Features (BBC DVD)

FAVOURITE REGULAR
Rate each out of 5 (5 highest; 1 lowest).

1: Elisabeth Sladen (Sarah Jane Smith)
2: Tommy Knight (Luke Smith)
3: Daniel Anthony (Clyde Langer)
4: Anjli Mohindra (Rani Chandra)
5: John Leeson (K9)
6: Alexander Armstrong (Mr Smith)
7: Ace Bhatti (Haresh Chandra)
8: Mina Anwar (Gita Chandra)

FAVOURITE SCRIPT
Pick the ONE adventure you feel had the best writing behind it.

1: Prisoner of the Judoon (Phil Ford)
2: The Mad Woman in the Attic (Joseph Lidster)
3: The Wedding of Sarah Jane Smith (Gareth Roberts)
4: The Eternity Trap (Phil Ford)
5: Mona Lisa's Revenge (Phil Ford)
6: The Gift (Rupert Laight)

FAVOURITE DIRECTION
Pick the ONE adventure you feel was directed the most successfully.

1: Prisoner of the Judoon (Joss Agnew)
2: The Mad Woman in the Attic (Alice Troughton)
3: The Wedding of Sarah Jane Smith (Joss Agnew)
4: The Eternity Trap (Alice Troughton)
5: Mona Lisa's Revenge (Joss Agnew)
6: The Gift (Alice Troughton)

FINALLY...
5 words to sum up the third series (no more, no less!)

Copy and paste this survey, add in your results and email it to this address.

The closing date is Friday 19th February 2010, at 5pm.

The results will be posted on SARAH-JANE.tv sometime in March.

What are you waiting for? Get voting, peeps!

***

The results of the survey for series one, and also series two.

13 comments:

Nabu San said...

Ah, I've missed this! And ooh, slimmed down [and imho, better!] version this year - very nice!

Sarah said...

Why are there only 2 address thingies to send it to? Can i not send it on a Windows Live account? :)
This thing looks good; I've never done it before and I can kinda guess which story will win already.. :P

vick86 said...

Oh Nabu is going to hate me for this but I put Dan above Tom but only because Tom was either absent or ignored for most of the series.

Nabu San said...

Blasphemy! =P

I did the same >_>

vick86 said...

D'oh

Sarah said...

Can I just send it to sjadventures@hotmail.co.uk? Or whatever the email was for the contest? :L

Nabu San said...

Problem with sending it to captainjackharkness@hotmail.co.uk, Sarah?

Sarah said...

No, but I couldn't see any email on the post, and the clickable thing had an option for 2 emails and I didn't know which one to click and I couldn't see any email on there either...
But I know the email now so I'll send it there. :)

Weimlady said...

This isn't fair to non-UKers! I've only been able to see Series 3 on Youtube--which is nothing like (at least with my slow connection) being able to see it on telly! *sigh* Oh well, I'll just have to make do. May have to visit a wifi hotspot to rewatch everything!

And...HAPPY BIRTHDAY LIS SLADEN! :) Can't believe you didn't blog it! Of course, she seems immune to birthdays, but I hope she has a happy one with family and friends anyway.

vick86 said...

It has nothing to do with location. Weimlady. If you get fast internet, learn about torrents instead of relying on youtube and have a halfway modern decent pc that can run HD video, you can watch series 3 (and pretty much everything for that matter) in glorious 720p.

Weimlady said...

@ Vick86: The fast internet part is the problem. I have slow internet at home, have to take the nice shiny new kneetop to a wifi hotspot to get a fast connection. And I've had torrents explained to me and apparently they can take a long time even on a fast connection. Would be much simpler if they'd just released S3 on DVD in January as was first rumoured! Willing to wait on it, though, if it means more/better special features.

Honestly, no matter how many times I see a show, I'll never be able to answer the "Favorite Direction" question. How do you know what was contributed by the director? Being honestly ignorant here, please don't respond if you just want to make fun.

Nabu San said...

I just take the direction to mean the look and feel of an episode. It's hard to differentiate it from your favourite adventure, I think...

For me, I liked the cinematic way Mad Woman was filmed...but I wasn't as fond of the story as I was The Gift.

Sycorax Leader said...

Series 3 seems to be relatively strong all the way through as oppose to previous series where it has waned a little, I think it will be a close call, Can't wait :)